The SUCCESS Project is excited to launch the Building Strong Families program!
This new service was developed in cooperation with Harford County Public Schools and is funded by a grant from the United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM). UWCM Family Stability programs were seeded with a grant from the Siemer Institute for Family Stability which is made possible by generous donors.
The SUCCESS Project Building Strong Families program meets Harford County, Maryland families where they are and assists them with gaining self-sufficiency through FREE coaching services. Registration is open to Harford County families with at least one enrolled school aged child.
- To help families maintain stable housing
- To support healthy family relationships where children can remain in their current schools
- To connect families with additional tools and local resources to maintain economic independence
- Family Coaching: Work one-on-one with a family coach to assess the family’s strengths, create a family goal plan and connect to additional local community resources.
- Financial Assistance: Receive access to short-term flexible financial assistance as determined by individual family needs.
Building Strong Families serves families who:
- Are at risk of losing permanent housing
- Have at least one school aged child enrolled in school
- Have an income less than 50 percent of the area’s annual median income level
- Demonstrate an ability to sustain their monthly expenses
- Have financial assistance needs that can be met with available funding
- Are willing to participate in family coaching sessions and meet program responsibilities
To find out if you’re eligible for the program, please call or text the Building Strong Families Family Coach at 443-502-0499 or email Jackie Shaffstall at firstname.lastname@example.org
TESTIMONIAL . . .
Tonya says “I could not be prouder of myself for completing the Building Strong Families program. I never thought I had it in me to get this far, but I did…and I know if I can do it, anyone can! I want to thank the United Way and The SUCCESS Project for offering the Building Strong Families program, with special appreciation to Jackie for the coaching and support that helped me reach this milestone. I have learned that any goal you set for yourself is possible with hard work and determination, so my next objective is to earn my GED!”